BIBLE ON SEX
by Jim Kaness
Ask any pastor. This is the one sermon, they all know if they preach it, they will lose half their congregation!
But I do not have a congregation. I am not a pastor. What follows are not my words, but the Bible's words.
God made Adam and Eve [Genesis 1:27 - 2:25], and God made sex so there could be Cain and Abel [Genesis 4:1-2] and all their other kids and grandkids. God, and His son Jesus, laid down some rules about sex: not to take all the fun out of life but to keep us from being deeply hurt/injured/traumatised/devastated.
Biblical sex is really quite simple.
1. Stay celebate (do not have sex with anyone) unless and until you marry a person of the opposite sex.[1 Corinthians 7:1-9]
2. If you do marry a person of the opposite sex, then stay married and enjoy sexual intercourse with that person (and only that person) until one of you dies.[Ephesians 5:22-33]
3. If your spouse turns out to be a really bad choice, the spouse from hell, then you may separate (legal separation) BUT while separated you must remain celebate until the other spouse dies.[1 Corinthians 7:10-11]
4. Only after your spouse dies are you free to remarry and enjoy sex with a new spouse.[Matthew 22:23-31, Mark 12:18-25, Luke 20:27-36]
5. Divorce and remarriage, as practiced widely today, are not allowed in the Bible.[Matthew 5:32, Matthew 19:8-9, Luke 16:18]
And, if your sexual education could use notching up a grade level or two, then read the Song of Solomon (or Song of Songs in some versions). It is located just after Ecclesiastes and just before Isaiah in the Bible. King Solomon had 700 wives of royal birth and 300 concubines, so he should know a thing or two about sex with women! [1 Kings 11:1-6]
If you and I would care enough to follow God's rules on this then most of our Family Law Attorneys would be out of work! But, of course, it is an age old practice to ignore what the Bible says and brag, as Frank Sinatra sang, "I did it my way."
If everyone followed God's rules on sex there would be NO abortion clinics, NO sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and NO family law courts. But, you say, removing all the STD's, alimony, child support, and bitter ex-lovers would take all the fun out of my life!!!
I am no one's judge. What you do is not my business, but it is God's business. And He is our judge! [Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:37-42]
You want to change your ways? Ask God's forgiveness. The Bible clearly says God will forgive us if we confess and repent of our sins. The requirement for confession and repentence as a pre-condition to forgiveness is repeated throughout the Bible. [Leviticus 5:5-10, 1 Kings 8:46-51, 1 John 1:8-10]
|BACK TO BLOG LIST|